Last updated: AMarch 16, 2022
The Skin Specialist is committed to protecting the information of our customers. The below is meant to provide additional information regarding our privacy practices in the United States.
Children’s Privacy Notice
We do not knowingly collect personal information through our online services from children under the age of 13. We may offer certain features on our online services, such as games, coloring activities, and digital books, that children can use without providing any personal information. In the future, should we decide to collect personal information from children under 13 through our online services, we will do so in compliance with applicable law, including any notices to and obtaining any consents from parents or guardians that are required by law.
We urge parents to regularly monitor and supervise their children’s online activities. If you have any questions about our children’s privacy practices, please contact us at:
Notice to California residents under 18 years of age
If you are a registered user of online services under the age of 18, and we have actual knowledge of your age, then under California law you may request and obtain removal of certain content or information you have posted on our online services. To do so, please contact us at the address, phone number or email address below. Please note that removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content. For example, removal may not be possible or permitted if another provision of law requires the content to be maintained, if it was posted or reposted by others, or if we paid compensation to you in exchange for the posting.
Additional Notice for California Consumers
This part of our Privacy Statement applies to consumers who reside in the State of California.
1. Personal information we collect about California consumers
We describe the personal information we have collected about California consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the “Last Updated” date of this Privacy Statement in the part titled, “Information we collect.” The information we have obtained includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, postal and email addresses, internet protocol (IP) address, social media handles, username, password and other contact information used to register and access The Skin Specialist products and services, log-in to Wi-Fi, enter one of our competitions, or contact us by phone or through our online services. The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e):
- the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers;”
- telephone number;
- payment information (including payment card details or online payment services number and invoicing address) and financial information (such as bank account numbers);
- physical characteristics or description; and
- the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual that we describe in “Information we collect.”
- Commercial information, including
- records of products or services purchased or received from The Skin Specialist;
- username, password, or other account information used to obtain access to The Skin Specialist online services;
- information on actions taken on The Skin Specialist websites or mobile apps, which may include information about The Skin Specialist products or services considered and the times you visit our websites or use or mobile apps; and
- information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to target consumers for digital advertisements or to personalize content we deliver on our websites and mobile apps.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement, as well as the information listed above in the section titled “Information we Collect:”
- computer or mobile-device operating system and browser type;
- type of mobile device and its settings;
- unique device identifier (UDID) or mobile equipment identifier (MEID) for your mobile device;
- device and component serial numbers;
- advertising identifiers (for example, IDFAs and IFAs) or similar identifiers;
- referring website (a site that has led you to ours) or application;
- online activity on other websites, applications or social media; and
- activity related to how you use our online services, such as the pages you visit on our sites or in our mobile apps.
- Geolocation data.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as demographic information like age or gender.
- Audio information from calls placed with customer service centers which may be recorded, and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above. When you visit our offices, we may also capture video information via CCTV cameras that help us monitor office safety.
- Inferences drawn from
- the information we collect when you visit our websites, use our apps, interact with our official social media pages, or otherwise interact with us;
- information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet); and
- information about consumer preferences and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
We collect this personal information directly from you when you provide information to us, for example, when registering for or using our online services, logging into Wi-Fi, using our in-office digital channels, entering one of our competitions, or contacting us; from your computer system or mobile device when you use our online services, visit our office, or use in-office technologies; from other companies and organizations, such as our advertising agency partners, social media networks, data brokers, payment processors, and other providers and from publicly available sources. For more information, please review “Information we collect.”
2. Use of personal information
We use the personal information we collect about California consumers for the business purposes disclosed within our Privacy Statement. For more information, please review “How We Use the Information We Collect.”
The business purposes for which we may use personal information about California consumers include:
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
- Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services. This includes:
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, purposes disclosed elsewhere in this Privacy Statement, or for purposes compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
3. Disclosures of personal information
As is common practice among businesses that operate Internet websites and mobile apps, within the past 12 months, we may have shared certain identifiers such as email addresses and pseudonymized identifiers, information about the use of our websites and apps, and inferences drawn about you to our social media, advertising, and analytics partners. Under certain state laws, this may be considered to be a sale of personal information for consideration. We do not disclose personal information of individuals we know to be under the age of 16 to other businesses or third parties for consideration.
We have disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Consumers to members of the The Skin Specialist Family, vendors who provide services to us, in connection with a sale or transfer of all or part of our business, and as otherwise provided in “How we share the information we collect” and “How do you share personal information?”
4. Your California privacy rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
- Right to Access, Right to Know, and Right to Deletion
- Right to Access and Right to Know regarding Personal Information. You have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
- the categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which we disclosed the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Right to Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
For requests made in connection with the Right of Access, Right to Know, and/or Right of Deletion, please note:
- as required under applicable law, we must take steps to verify your request before we can provide personal information to you, delete personal information, or otherwise process your request. To verify your request, you must provide your name, email address, and state of residence, and you may also have the option to provide your phone number. If we believe we need further information to verify your request as required by law, we may ask you to provide additional information to us.
- we will process your request within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless
we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. If your request involves us providing personal information to you, we may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with The Skin Specialist, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hindrance.
- Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for consideration. Select Do Not Sell My Info to be directed to an interactive form through which you may submit an online request to opt-out. To opt-out of collection of information by analytics, advertising, and social media partners, you can use our preferences management tool on www.skinspecialistla.com, and also visit the opt-out tools provided by the Network Advertising Alliance and the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing privacy rights, or any other rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to McDonald’s by your personal information.
5. Requests to exercise your rights
You may request to exercise these rights by:
- Submitting a request through CCPA Rights Center.
- Calling us toll-free at 888-511-9903.
As required or permitted under applicable law, please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
6. Agent Authorization
You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us as set forth below in “How to Contact The Skin Specialist” to make a request on your behalf. Even if you choose to use an agent, as permitted by law, we may require verification of the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, or require you to verify your own identity.
7. Disability Accessibility
If you are a user with a disability, or an individual assisting a user with a disability, and have difficulty accessing or navigating our digital channels – including this Privacy Statement – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also review our Accessibility Statement.
Do Not Track
Please note that our Websites and mobile apps are not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from Web browsers.
How to Contact The Skin Specialist
If you have privacy questions specific to The Skin Specialist website, you can reach us at: